Friday, September 4, 2009

WTF?

OK, so really. WTF was I thinking? Earlier this year I had a birthday. Along with it comes a physical exam for work including a treadmill test. I did horrible! So I try to figure out what I can do to get in shape. When I was in high school and jr. college I was a runner. A sprinter actually. Anything over a 1/4 mile though and I was done! But hey, running is running, right? I'm looking on the good old www and I find the Disney Marathon Weekend. Cool! Disney! I love that place! Hmmm... a 1/2 marathon. That doesn't sound too bad. As it turns out a fella that works at OPFD just did the Disney Marathon in Jan. 2009. So I call him up to ask him about it. Well, to make a long story short, he convinces me to do the full. Which admittedly sounds pretty cool. The route takes you through all 4 of the parks at WDW and there are character stops along the way too. Not to mention that if 'nature calls' while you are running, you can use a facility in one of the parks! So I get together with another co-worker and we decide to sign up to do the Disney Marathon in 2010!
Again though, WTF was I thinkin'?

No comments:

Post a Comment