My first visit with Tom was very enlightening. Not only is he just a down right nice guy, he knows his stuff when it comes to sports medicine. Dr. Tom does a therapy on the IT band where basically he destroys the scar tissue that is causing the pain. I'm probably not explaining this right, so if you have the need to see Dr. Tom, have him explain it to you! It hurts. But it works! I'm able to run again! I lost quite a bit of progress though with the IT band issues. My long runs had been non-existent. I get in an occasional 4-5 mile run, but those are few and far between. The marathon looms. 3 weeks away. Treatments continue literally right up to the marathon. My last treatment was on Jan. 5th. Sure hope this witch doctor stuff works! ;-)
If you need to see Dr. Tom, please give me a shout! I'll be happy to give you his number!

No comments:
Post a Comment